Since entering into this wonderful new world of sewing I have tried a few things like pants, skirts, pot holders and embellishing towels and shirts. But none of these compare to making a handbag! You know there's just something about a cute girly bag that makes a girl smile! The inspiration for this bag came from http://www.thediydish.com/ . I found their tutorial for The DIY Dish Basic Handbag. The tutorial seemed so simple. I decided to only use one fabric for the outside and one fabric for the lining and I added a pocket inside and embellishments. There are pleats at the top of the bag but they didn't show up well in the photographs. The ladies said that it shouldn't be a very difficult process, but since I am a "newbie" to this sewing thing, it took me a couple of hours! But the end result was worth all of the hard work! I'm sure I will be making many more of these! So search other blogs or surf the web and find inspiration for your style of craftiness and get going!!
No comments:
Post a Comment