These days it seems as though life is just flying by at the speed of lightening! I guess with Christmas and our son's birthday last month and school starting back we have been busy. Getting back into the routine requires some work too. I have noticed, and I shouldn't be surprised, that in these times of "busyness" we begin to lose sight of the most important person in our lives, God! Have we strayed far? No, but just far enough for the devil to try and steal our joy!
To remedy this we have decided that as a family we are going to memorize at least two verses each month so that when we are feeling distant we can practice or say our verse! This may sound elementary to some (we do have two elementary age children), but for us the simplicity of it is important. We are choosing verses based on what we need to remember about God. For January we felt like faith and understanding His power was on our hearts. Our verses are; 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. and Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. To us there is nothing better that hearing your child recite the verse with confidence or to see them tell others to listen to their Bible verse! This is not something that we have always done. We are not perfect parents or perfect Christians for that matter, but we are striving to walk more closely with Him.
It is not always easy on His path, but we know that with His strength it is possible! Will we sometimes fail? I'm sure! We are not perfect, and that is what I love the most about God. He's not looking for perfect people! He is looking for broken people, people who need forgiveness. I am broken and need forgiveness daily! I am thankful that my Jesus is full of grace and mercy and He just wants us to crawl up in His lap and ask for forgiveness! So, if you are like me and have found yourself just too busy, stop and talk to Jesus. Tell Him how you feel and ask Him to guide you toward the things that are most important for your walk with Him. I have only posted about crafty things thus far, but as I was reading http://www.imperfectpeople.net/ I felt like I needed to share my recent experiences with God, with everyone that I can. Katie is such an inspiration to me and I'm sure to many other people that subscribe to her blog. She is real and in love with God! So, thank you Katie for your wonderful posts! I love the song by Stellar Kart that reminds us "That we were born to be part of something Holy. Bigger than you and I!" Check out the lyrics and video:
Ashley I love this. I love your sweet honest and humble heart. What a great idea on the verses! Even if you miss one here and there think of all the scripture you will memorize as a family just by making a point to do it! Wow we totally need to do that when the girls get older. Thank you for linking me!
ReplyDeleteAshley your are so right in that many of us are so busy, we forget to stop to remember our Creator who without him, we can not have peace nor his mercy. Thank you for your gentle spirit and the love you have for your children, family, & friends.
ReplyDelete