Friday, March 18, 2011

Random, But Fun Crafting!!

You know, life is just busy, busy, busy!  But on the same token it is fun, fun, fun!  ( Minus back problem and other kinks thrown in.)  Our weather has been pretty great these last few weeks and we have tried to enjoy every moment of it.  Of course, I have incorporated time to fill my need of creating fun crafts! So here are a few of the fun crafty things I have created along with the blogs that inspired me! Thank you to all of the wonderful crafty bloggers out there in blog land! (Yes, I love exclamation points!! Especially when it comes to my God, my family, and crafts!!!!!!!)

Project 1:  The Playful Knot Dress
After I made a pair of ruffle pants for a dear friend's daughter she gave me this adorable fabric. So exciting!!! I had been eyeing this cute knot dress tutorial over at
Everyday Chaos http://bridgetbaxter.blogspot.com/2008/04/happy-anniversary-to-you.html  and an Etsy listing at Kissing Kumquats http://www.etsy.com/people/kissingkumquats?ref=ls_profile  I am not a seasoned seamstress so I did it "Ashley style," meaning not always following all of the directions.  I did not do crisscross  back, I just did a bib like the front so that it would be a closed back.  This tutorial was very detailed with its instructions so it was easy to follow.
Project 2:  The Pearl and Ribbon Necklace
I saw one of daughter's friends wearing a bracelet made like this.  I fell in love with it and searched the blog world over to find a tutorial.  It has been on my to-do list for months and I finally got around to making it!  The tutorial can be found at Blue Cricket Design http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2010/01/craft-1-ribbon-and-pearl-neclace_04.html This tutorial was awesome!

 Project 3: The Decoupage Initial
I have always loved these letters!  I always thought that it was too hard to do this technique, so I have never tried it.  After listening to others talk about how easy it was I decided that I too should learn how to do this!  The inspiration was actually just a need for a decoration to hang between two windows in my mom's "purple room" as my daughter calls it. (The quilt has purple in it and that is my daughters favorite color)  I found a decoupage tutorial here at Heart Of The Matter Online http://heartofthematteronline.com/how-to-decoupage-letters  The tutorial has great pictures and directions.
 Project 4: Ruffle Shorts
I decided that I must  make these shorts for my daughter after seeing them in various direct sells children's clothing catalogs and on Etsy.  I made her a couple of pairs of ruffle pants for the winter and early spring, so it's only fitting to make them for summer too!  I used this amazing tutorial from Simply Annie Kate  http://simplyanniekate.blogspot.com/2010/06/learn-to-make-boutique-style-ruffle.html.  She posted a two part tutorial for ruffle pants on You Tube. Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74s7ealQlVc  Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZFK0zJN6hQ&feature=related You can also access these tutorials on her blog.  For the shorts I just did the same thing using a pair of shorts that fit her now to make the pattern.
 So as you see I have been trying a few new crafts.  It is so exciting to try new things!  I hope that you have a chance to check out all of these fantastic bloggers.  It takes a lot of time to create tutorials and I thank each one of you for doing this for those of us who like to try new things! With that said...Happy Crafting!!

3 comments:

  1. Love them all! Great job on everything! (I love exclamation points too, lol)

    By the way, this is Judy. I have no idea why it's showing me as "Sleeping Beauty". ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love exclamation points too!! I even made a facebook page for them! Thanks for checking out my blog and feel free to link up every week to Wow Me Wednesdays and show us what you've been crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them, but the dress has to be my favorite ;). You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete